Week 1 EOC: The Voice

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” A quote by the wonderfully famous coco chanel that I live by. My name is Brittany Norris and I am fashion. I have had the opportunity to work with designers and companies such as BCBGMaxazria, Michael Kors, Saks 5th Avenue and currently Tory Burch. Watching the retail process is remarkable . A incredible amount of  work goes into developing the collections we see and love on the selling  floor. Many consumers are unaware of how much hard work, dedication, and most importantly passion, it takes to make the retail world spin round. 

I have years of experience as well as a education in retail management from Art Instuite of Las Vegas all preparing me for my ultimate goal of being a retail buyer. Being a buyer is by no means a simple job. Working with deadlines, vendors, budgets,  and the unexpected, is stressful as well as demanding.  I am going to be a buyer because I understand the importance of the job. I would love nothing more then to be able to decide what products are going to best benefit the consumers and do everything possible to deliver. 

The psychology of understanding the why behind the buy is the motivation for my fashion career. I am a detail oriented, trend savy, passionately focused individual which is why my dream will eventually become a reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment